How to Borrow
Borrowers will be able to borrow as much as their deposited collateral assets' Loan-to-Value ratios allow them to. With these borrowed assets, they can take on leveraged positions and utilize these assets in a multitude of ways.
Refer to the PROTOCOL - Borrowing section for the calculation methodology to determine the maximum Loan-to-Value ratio for a wallet.
On the UX, the maximum a user can borrow will be represented as the borrow limit.
There is no minimum borrow amount, only a maximum based on the deposited collateral.
Borrowers should keep a careful eye on their loans' health factors to prevent liquidations from happening. Taking positions with less volatile assets and adding collateral when a loan's health factor begins to drop may also help to mitigate risk on the borrower's side.
To borrow, you must have deposited assets as collateral.
Refer to the Collateral section of "How-To Guide on Supplying" for instructions on how to deposits as collateral.
1. Click "Connect Wallet".
"Connect Wallet" in the upper right corner
2. Select a wallet to connect.
3. Select the market you would like to borrow from in "Borrow Markets".
4. Enter the amount you would like to borrow. Use "Safe Max" to select the maximum amount that isn't as high risk of being liquidated.
5. Confirm the transaction in your wallet.
6. View your updated dashboard with your new net APY, borrow balance, used borrow limit, and borrow markets.
Borrowed assets are repaid in the same assets with interest.
1. Select a borrow market from "My Borrow Markets".
2. Click on "Repay". Select the amount you would like to withdraw and click "Repay" to withdraw the specified amount or "Repay All" to repay all of the borrowed amount.
3. Confirm the transaction in your wallet.
4. View your updated dashboard with your new net APY, borrow balance, used borrow limit, and borrow markets.
Borrowers earn QBT for borrowing assets. QBT can be staked for voting power, liquidity rewards boosting, and a percentage of the protocol profits. For more information, visit QBT Rewards.
Last modified 1yr ago